Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts," came in the mail on Friday and I began reading. Somewhere between chapter 2 and 3, I was gobsmacked right in the forehead. Seriously, it was like God smacked me upside the head saying, "Ah, now you get it." Talk about a major Epiphany!! Thank you for your guidance through Ann to my brain. ANN!! I got it, too. Give thanks in everything, everyday, ALL day long! I learned it in Sunday School, taught it in Sunday School and heard it a million times, but didn't really get it. Now I do. God likes it when we do. Thanking God daily for all His gifts balances out the bad in this world. I understand now! I'm not saying it the right way to inspire you. All I can say is read her book, start your list. I'm not getting paid to say this to you. She puts it so beautifully through her story, I just know you'll be gobsmacked, too.
Now, my Monday gift list.
72) Cats curled asleep on my bed
73) Choir voices singing with praises on a CD
74) Feathery clouds on an Autumn day
76) A tiny moth on my bathroom mirror
77) Quilts to finish
78) Tomatoes to can
79) Warm Pear Crisp with oatmeal walnut topping
80) The glow of candle lit rooms
81) Bushy tailed Grey Squirrels
82) Knowing I have a best friend right next door
83) Puddles in the driveway
84) Birdbaths filled with rain water
85) Daffodil and Tulip bulbs to plant
86) Realizing I need a Church community
87) The scent of grass as I mow
88) Wind whipped Autumn leaves
89) Butter Popped Corn Rice Cakes with creamy Peanut Butter
90) Today's 4 1/2 hour power outage helping me see the "light" thru study
91) Chocolate anything
Wishing you a very blessed day, Deborah
Welcome and blessings. I'm having one of those "feeling really blessed" days. You know the kind. We always feel blessed, b...
How many of you have done Verse Mapping? I did it here for the month of November, but I have never done it like this. (see photo in my Fa...
Welcome! Hope you enjoyed your holidays. I've been thinking about goals for 2018 and the one I need to do most is what most people re...
Welcome and thanks for stopping by. I am asking for prayers for my mother who was hospitalized last night with pneumonia. She is 85 years ...