Monday, October 3, 2011

Thirty seven - Forty three

     It is (37) raining. I imagine the the earth's face turned upward and smiling, like mine.  I love the rain. When it rains, I don't have to water the gardens or the grass, not that I really mind. But the rain is pure, not chlorinated and such. (38)Pure water. From the purest source. From the (39) One True God.
     An end came to a tragic story that began two months ago. Unfortunately, the story ended tragically, also.  A young man in my hometown killed two men, about a month apart and it ended in his death yesterday. I knew one of the men he killed, the second one named Jere Melo. He was a good man, one of the best and he didn't deserve to die, nor did the other man.  But I feel no joy in Aaron's death, the young man who killed them. Aaron was plagued with a mental illness. Terrible demons shared his life.  I am sad for everyone involved and over the weekend all I could think about was Aaron's family and the nightmare they have lived with for years, especially the past two months. I've prayed a lot for everyone, all of the families this tragedy touched and all of those in my hometown.  I hope Aaron can find peace in death he could not find in life.
     My sister-in-law leaves for home tomorrow. We have enjoyed a (40) wonderful visit.  She (41) feels refreshed and ready to conquer the city life once again.  We even managed to share a little (42) craft time this morning making cards. I will miss her.
     Life brings good times and bad times.  I don't know how I would get through either without God (43) to lean on  and share it with. 
     Psalm 9: 1-2  I will thank the Lord with all my heart; I will declare all Your wonderful works.  I will rejoice and boast about You; I will sing about Your name, Most High.
     May you feel His peace and love today, Deborah


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...