Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Let Us Give Thanks - Day 2

Day 3 - 30 Day Prayer Challenge by Rosilind
Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say:
Give praise to the Lord,
proclaim Hid name;
make known among the nations what He has done,
and proclaim that His name is exalted. Amen.

Write this in your prayer journal and pray it all day long.

Day 2 - 30 Day Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study
Day 2 - Art and Faith Journal Challenge

Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study

Deuteronomy 26:9-10
"He brought us to this place and gave us this land,
a land flowing with milk and honey;
and now I bring the firstfruits of the soil that you, Lord,
have given me."
Place the basket before the Lord your God
and bow down before Him.

Write the verse in your journal. Add art if you so desire.

Digging deeper

Other translations
KJV
9) And he hath brought us into this place,
and hath given us this land,
even a land that flowth with milk and honey.
10) And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land,
which thou, O Lord, hast given me.
And thou shalt see it before the Lord thy God,
and worship before the Lord thy God.

MSG
9) And He brought us to this place,
gave us this land flowing with milk and honey.
10) So here I am.
I've brought the firstfruits of what I've grown on this ground
You gave to me Lord.
Then place it in the Presence of God,
your God. And rejoice!

Firstfruits - the earliest gathered fruits offered to God in acknowledgement of the gift of fruitfulness.

Bow down - prostrate - lie down - to yield sovereignty to God

Nelson's Bible Commentary
The worshiper needed to say aloud what he was doing as he did it. This added solemnity and dignity to the offering.

Art and Faith Journal




I added two images found on Pinterest and the verse to my Faith Journal. I love the old metal milk jug tipped on its side and the flowers planted to look like milk spilling out. Very clever.

Gratitude
1. A bountiful garden this year
2. My property
3. My house

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah




2 comments:

  1. Another great and inspiring read. Thank you so much for all you do with your blog and the inspiration and faith it shares with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for your comment. blessings.

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...