Sunday, November 13, 2016

Let Us Give Thanks - Day 13, Weekly Journal Update

Day 14 - 30 Day Thanksgiving Prayer Challenge by Rosilind
Colossians 2:6-7
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live your lives in Him,
rooted and built up in Him,
strengthened in the faith
as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness.

Write this in your Prayer Journal and pray it throughout the day.

Day 13 - Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study Challenge
Day 13 - Art and Faith Journal Challenge

Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study

Joel 2:26 (NIV)
You will have plenty to eat,
until you are full,
and you will praise the
name of the Lord your God,
who has worked wonders for you;
never again will my people be shamed.

Write this in your journal. Add art, if you so desire.

Digging Deeper

Other translations

KJV
And ye shall eat in plenty,
and be satisfied,
and praise the name of the Lord your God,
who has worked wonders for you;
and my people shall never be ashamed.

MSG
You'll eat your fill of good food.
You'll be full of praises to your God,
the God who has set you back
on your heels in wonder.
Never again will my people be despised.

plenty - abundant - sufficient - ample

wonders - miracles - surprises - amazing

Nelson's Bible Commentary
God can restore people to usefulness in spite of past disobedience.

Art and Faith Journal


I used washi tape to make a pencil and wrote, "write this down," with a black #3 micron pen. The acorn image is from Google images (I do love acorns!!) and the verse was written with a brown micron pen. I then used a brown colored pencil to color over the section.


The entire week.

Gratitude (prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 gifts acorn small
1. Acorns (I love them!)
2. My turtle figurine
3. A pretty rock found while walking

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...