Thursday, November 24, 2016

Let Us Give Thanks - Day 24

Happy Thanksgiving to those in and from the USA!!!

Day 25 - 30 Day Thanksgiving Prayer Challenge by Rosilind
Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Write this in your Prayer Journal and pray it throughout the day.

Day 24 - 30 Day Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study Challenge
Day 24 - 30 Day Art and Faith Journal Challenge

Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study

Psalm 145:1-2
I will exalt You,
my God the King;
I will praise Your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise You and extol Your name
for ever and ever.

Write this verse in your journal. Add art, if you so desire.

Digging Deeper

Other translations
KJV
I will extol Thee, my God,
and I will bless Thy name,
for ever and ever.
Every day I will bless Thee;
and I will praise Thy name
for ever and ever.

MSG
I lift You high in praise, my God,
O my King! and I'll bless Your name
into eternity.
I'll bless You every day, and keep it up
from now to eternity.

AMP
I will exalt You, my God, O King,
and (with gratitude and submissive wonder)
I will bless Your name
forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You
and lovingly praise You;
Yes, (with awe-inspired reverence)
I will praise Your name
forever and ever.

exalt - worship - revere - elevate - promote

Nelson's Bible Commentary
The psalm expresses God's grandness in the universe and reminds us of how small we are in His presence.

Art and Faith Journal


Micron 5 brown pen was used to write the psalm. Comfy chair stamp in green ink to give thanks for my reading chair. "Give thanks" picture of turkey by Debbie Mumm.

Gratitude
1. Family day
2. Safe travels
3. Turkey and all the fixings

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...