Monday, November 7, 2016

Let Us Give Thanks - Day 7

Day 8 - 30 Day Thanksgiving Prayer Challenge by Rosilind
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him.

Write this in your Prayer Journal and pray it through out the day.

Day 7 - 30 Day Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study
Day 7 - 30 Day Art and Faith Journal Challenge

Are you beginning to feel the joy of giving thanks?
Does gratitude resonate with your soul?
Is it changing your thoughts in any way?
Share your ideas in the comments below.

Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study

Psalm 9:11
Sing the praises of the Lord,
enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what He has done.

Write the verse in your journal. Add art, if you so desire.

Digging Deeper

Other translations
KJV
Sing praises to the Lord,
which dwellth in Zion:
declare among the peoples His doings.

MSG
Sing your songs to Zion-dwelling God,
tell His stories to everyone you meet.

CJB
Those who know Your name put their trust in You,
for you have not abandoned those who seek You, Adonai.

Zion - is a place name often used as a synonym for Jerusalem. It commonly referred to a specific mountain near Jerusalem, Mount Zion, on which stood a Jebusite fortress of the same name that was conquered by David and was named the City of David.

proclaim - announce - declare - profess - manifest

Bible Study Tools Commentary
Being full of gratitude himself, our inspired author (David) is eager to excite others to join the strain and praise God...
Read entire commentary here:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/treasury-of-david/psalms-9-11.html

Art and Faith Journal Challenge



Art supplies I used today were felt pens and bird stencils. I added the verse in brown ink using a micron pen.

Gratitude
1. Instruments for making music to God
2. Commentaries
3. A wonderful day off

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...