Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Let Us Give Thanks - Day 23

Day 24 - 30 Day Thanksgiving Prayer Challenge by Rosilind
Psalm 69:30
I will praise God's name
in song and glorify Him
with thanksgiving.

Write this in your Prayer Journal and pray it throughout the day.

Day 23 - 30 Day Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study Challenge
Day 23 - 30 Day Art and Faith Journal Challenge

Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study

Exodus 15:2 (NIV)
The Lord is my strength and my defenses -
He is my God,
and I will praise Him,
my father's God,
and I will extol Him.

Write this verse in your journal. Add art, if you so desire.

Digging Deeper

Other translations
KJV
The Lord is my strength and song,
and He is become my salvation:
He is my God,
and I will prepare Him an habitation;
my father's God,
and I will exalt Him.

MSG
I'm singing my heart out to God -
what a victory!
He pitched horse and rider into the sea.
God is my strength,
God is my song,
and, yes!
God is my salvation.

(How did NIV go from song to defenses?!! I like song so much better. Interesting.)

extol - praise - acclaim - exalt

Nelson's Bible Commentary
Because "my strength and my song: is such an unusual pairing of words, some have thought that the word translated "song" must mean "power," "fortress," or something similar. A person of faith may regard the living, omnipotent God as the reason for singing!

(Ahhh. That explains it! I don't know about you, but I always feel like God is a reason to sing!)

Art and Faith Journal


The rest of this week, I am going to add things I am thankful for along with writing the verse. They may not always be art pertaining to the verse alone. Today I used stamps and a magazine clipping of a beach for the art. The verse was written with a purple Pilot G2-07 pen.

Gratitude (prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 gifts only in Christ
1. Salvation
2. Eucharist
3. Risen in Him

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...