Saturday, November 5, 2016

Let Us Give Thanks - Day 5

Day 6 - 30 Day Thanksgiving Prayer Challenge by Rosilind
Colossians 3:16-17
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach
and admonish one another with all wisdom
through psalms, hymns and songs from the Spirit,
singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Write the verse in your journal and pray it through out the day.

Day 5 - 30 Day Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study Challenge
Day 5 - 30 Day Art and Faith Journal Challenge

The past four days I have focused our studies on the harvest and food due to this fall season. It was a good place to start. Whether you grow your own food or depend on others to supply your needs, it is always a good and joyful thing to give thanks. Remember the farmers and ranchers in your prayers who grow/raise our food and own the land.

 Praise and Thanksgiving Scripture Study

2 Samuel 22 1-51 (Focus on verse 50) NIV
(I encourage you to read David's entire Song of Praise)

50) Therefore I will praise you, Lord,
among the nations;
I will sing the praises of Your name.

Write the verse in your journal. Add art, if you so desire.

Digging Deeper

KJV
Therefore I will give thanks unto Thee, O Lord,
among heathen,
and I will sing praises unto Thy name.

MSG
That is why I am thanking You, God,
all over the world.
That is why I'm singing songs that rhyme Your name.

Nelson's Bible Commentary
Because God delivered his own David vowed to praise Him.

Nations - people - tribe - kin - ethnicity

Art and Faith Journal Challenge


I used my hexy punch on various scrap paper and wrote the verse on the papers.

Gratitude
1. Songs of Praise
2. This work day
3. Healing

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...