Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 10

Welcome to Day 10 - Emotional Eating

From Barb's blog:
"The telltale sign of emotional eating is that you feel driven to eat. You don't first see a brownie on the counter and want it; you go looking for the brownie, because you need it."

I can so relate to this! Those brownies call to me from the other side of the house and I need it right now! I don't feel like that about other foods. I don't crave carrots or celery, but boy I sure crave chocolate and some cookies. English Tea cookies and most anything lemon. I can hear their little voices calling, "come get me!" lol I laugh, but it really isn't funny. I said in the opening post that I am an emotional eater. Nothing has changed there.

Go read Barb's blog post for today.
Check out the Renew Your Mind tools button at the top of the page.
https://barbraveling.com/?s=weight+loss+bible+study+Day+10

Love those charts under tools! I'm a chart kind of gal.
If you are keeping a journal (and I hope you are), she suggests we write about the emotion and not the food. If we can get rid of the emotion the craving should go away.

Emotional Eating Questions:
3, Will eating make you feel better? If so, for how long?
    Yes, but only for a minute or two.
4. Will eating solve your problems?
    No.
5. Will eating create any new problems? Explain.
    Yes. Then the guilt and condemnation set in.

In "Taste of Truth," the title for Day 10 is "I Deserve a Donut." Barb talks about "one little out-of-the-boundary treat."
Do we deserve them?
Are we entitled to them?
No and No.

Bible Study
Revisit Mark 10:35-45
9. Do you think Jesus understands how hard it is to give up the "good life" of what you want when you want?
  I'm sure He does. He took on human form and experienced many temptations while He was on this earth.
10. How does this make you feel to know He would understand?
   It makes me feel comforted and understood.

Bible Verses for today:
Matthew 4:3-4
Matthew 4:8-9
Matthew 22:36-39
Hebrew 4:15
1John 3:16-18

I'm sharing my Bible Verse cards today. I used washi tape and stickers to embellish them. They are helping me when I read them throughout the day.


Click on picture for a larger view.

Gratitude
1. Creative art
2. A Lord who understands
3. Rain 

Psalm 130:2
Save me, Lord,
from lying lips and
from deceitful tongues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Save me, Lord especially from telling lies to myself regarding food. Amen)

Blessings, 
Deborah



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Adding the art to them would make me want to review them from time to time and reflect on them again. Nicely done. Thank you for sharing. I have really enjoyed this study thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me. Gotta put washi tape on everything! lol
    I'm glad you are enjoying the study. I am, too.
    Blessings. <3

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...