Sunday, January 14, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 15

Welcome to Day 15 - Social Eating

Just a heads up. Tomorrow will be my last day to post here daily on WLBS. Barb's blog goes through day 16, but the book covers through day 30. For day 17-21, I will be posting links to both her blogs to help us keep going. I committed to 21 days here on this topic. I have begun an Inductive Bible Study Class that is taking way more of my time than I expected in study time. It is something I have wanted to learn for quite some time and don't want to fail. I'm sure I will probably share my experiences with you at some point. After the 21 days I will check in once or twice a week to see how we are all doing. If you need something specific addressed in the tips links, just leave me a comment and I will do my best to research and find some helpful ideas for you. Don't be shy in asking. We are in this together and I want to help all I can. We can continue to hold each other up in prayer, too.

Speaking of those pesky headlines that lie and make promises of quick weight loss and how fun and easy it is...we need to stop believing them. There is no quick, fun and easy way to lose weight. Believe me, if there was I would have done it years ago. It is hard work, but we can do this! I believe in you. More importantly...God believes you.

"Taste for Truth," A Renewing of the Mind Challenge

"The sooner we get this lie out of our heads (she is talking about the headlines) the better. We are transformed by the renewing of the mind. Not by boundaries. And it's not easy to develop a renewing-of-the-mind habit."
(me: Don't I know this!)
"Nothing is better than sweet fellowship with God."
The six tips to help develop a renewing-of-the-mind habit:
1. "Make a plan."
2. "Renew your mind at the same time every day."
3. "Get your ducks in a row."
4. "Remember that you have an enemy."
5. "Get an accountability partner."
6. "Renew your mind about the renewing of the mind.
Barb gives details on how to do all of these in the book.

Bible Study
3. According to the following Bible verses, why does God want you to spend time with Him each day?
Isaiah 62:4-5 No loner will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah and your land Beulah, for the Lord will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.
   (By reading His word daily we can rejoice and remember we are not alone and  He loves us.)
Jeremiah 29:13
Jeremiah 31:3-4
John 15:4
Romans 12:2
Galatians 5:16
Hebrews 12:11
She asks us to take on one of several Renewing of the Mind Challenges. Choose which one you would like to do.

Social Eating Blog Post
Let's go to Barb's blog and she what she has to say today.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/13/weight-loss-bible-study-day-15-social-eating/

I love her explanation of "The Fairness Line."
Really helps to put things in perspective, doesn't it?
"We believe the lies that make us eat, because the culture spoon feeds us those lies from birth.
(me: Not only culture, but families, too.)
Renew our minds.
Break free from the lies.
Make new habits.

Social Eating Bible Study
1. Read Philippians 2:4.
...not looking out for your own interests,
but each of you to the interests of others.
~~~~~
What would you be concerned with if you were looking out for you own interests at a potluck?
   I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not taking something they made. I would look for the healthy dishes, skip the desserts and explain I was on a diet. Everyone understands when someone is dieting.
Answer the rest on your own. Great questions here, as usual.


Gratitude
1. Understanding friends
2. Being strong to my new habits in any situation
3. Time spent in God's word

Ephesians 1:6
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

If you need prayer for this journey or any reason, leave me a comment and I will add you to my prayer list. 

Blessings,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...