Thursday, January 4, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 5

Welcome to Day 5!!

Day 5 - "I have to be skinny" eating

With this new year/beginning I have added living intentionally and mindfully to my list of goals. I think it will help me keep focused on my dieting and health as well as other areas of my life.

Intentional living - I will eat healthy and exercise
1. Menu planning
2. Exercise daily

Mindful living -
1. I will eat sitting down and concentrate on eating.
   A. This is important. So many times I eat on the fly and think about other things and I forget that/what I have eaten.

Quote from "Taste of Truth."
"We are lawless and rebellious when it comes to food."
Are you?
I know I am. That's why I need to diet. lol
What does say Paul about rules/laws in 1 Timothy 1:8-9?
"...that the law is not made for the righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious."
That would be me. Lawless and rebellious when it comes to food.
Go read Barb's blog for Day 5.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/06/29/weight-loss-bible-study-day-five-appearance-eating/

I related to "You feel like you have to lose weight. Not just for your health, but for your over all state of acceptability and enjoyment of life."
Bible Study questions
1. Why do you want to lose weight?
  For my health and to feel better about myself
2. Do you feel you have to be skinny to be acceptable?
   Not skinny, but I need to lose weight to feel better about myself.
3. I answered this one privately, but I do have someone in my life who does not like me being overweight. It makes it hard to have a good self-image.

Verse Mapping

1Peter 1:14-16
(NIV)
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written:
"Be holy, because I am holy."

(KJV)
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lust in your ignorance:
But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written;
"Be ye holy; for I am holy."

obedient - compliant - dutiful - law-abiding - duteous

conform - obey - observe - follow - accept

ignorance - unenlightenment - foolishness - idiocy

holy - sacred - hallowed - saintly - pious

Commentaries

~~Barnes' Notes on the Bible
As obedient children - That is, conduct yourselves as becomes the children of God, by obeying His commands; by submitting to His will; and by manifesting unwavering confidence in Him as your Father at all times.

~~Nelson's Bible Commentary
Believers should not pattern their lives after the desires that control them when they did not know God's ways.


On the left side I added some pictures of cookies and donuts with the partial verse from Psalm 73:26 - God is my portion forever. 
On the right side is a picture of fruit with the words: whole grains, veggies, lean meats. 
Always need the reminder. :) 

Gratitude
1. Supportive friends and family
2. Supportive scripture
3. A sunny day after days and days of fog!!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you
and not harm you,
plans to give you hope
and a future...
You will seek Me
and find Me
when you seek Me
with all your heart.

Blessings,
Deborah




2 comments:

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...