Monday, January 8, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 9

Welcome to Day 9 - Evaluation

Always a good idea to evaluate during the process to see what is working and what is not. I need to be better about stating my "Renewing of the Mind" on a daily basis, as I've said before. Still struggling with that one.

Let's start out by going right to Barb's blog today.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/05/weight-loss-bible-study-day-9-evaluation/

Under her personal evaluation questions I'd like to look at #5 and #8.
5. Do you eat for any of the following emotions?
   I circled boredom, excitement, discontentment, insecurity and added loneliness.
8. On a scale of 1 to 10, how diligent have you been with renewing of your mind.
    I have to say 4. I really need to work harder on this. I'm sure it would really help me.

Other ideas I liked are to write scripture on cards to read throughout the day, (I made 5 of them) and I took challenge #2.

Bible verses from "Taste for Truth," to help today:
Psalm 120:2
2Corinthians 10:3-5
1Thessalonians 5:6
1Thessalonians 5:21

And the homework assignment from "Taste of Truth:"
Be honest about every bite that goes in your mouth today.

Are you saying "I love boundaries!'
If not, go back to Day 6 and answer "I'll start tomorrow" questions.

I made a mistake when I looked up 2Corinthians 10:3:5 and looked up 2Corinthians 3:5 instead.
Tell me if you think it was a God thing or just a typo. I'm feeling God was involved. *smiles*
2Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves,
but our competence comes from God.

I decided I should Verse Map that one.


I put some fish stickers on the bottom to help me remember to eat more fish. Not that I would eat Koi. lol

Gratitude
1. Reminders
2. Old friends
3. My cat

Hebrews 13:5
I will in no way leave you,
neither will I in any way
forsake you.

Blessings, 
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...