Sunday, January 7, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 8

Welcome to Day 8 - Holiday/Vacation Eating

I must admit I felt a little discouraged yesterday when the scale went in the wrong direction, but I didn't cheat or go out of my boundaries. Instead...I went for a walk. I felt much better when I got home.

Ha! I just read Day 8 in "Taste for Truth," and Barb talks about discouragement! She talks about how important it is renew our minds daily. (I keep forgetting to do this!)
"...but God can do great things in our lives if we persevere and keep going to Him for help."
(Note to self: remember this!)

Weren't the 6 Stages of Habits great?!!
I liked "Focus on progress, not perfection."
This perfectionist has a hard time with that one.

Scripture to help with our goals:
Proverbs 3:5-6
Jeremiah 29:11-13
Philippians 4:11-13
1Thessalonians 5:16-18

I'll let you read Barb's blog on Holiday/Vacation Eating.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/04/weight-loss-bible-study-day-8-holidayvacation-eating/

I think this advice can also prove helpful on days you are out-of-town for the day, at a party or just gathering with a group of friends for any reason.
She tells us to "Focus on the people rather than the food," never go without boundaries and prepare with truth early in the day. She also asks some great questions to ponder.

Bible Study Questions from 'Taste for Truth #5:
Visit with God about your experience with weight loss and where you're at right now.
Write a prayer using Philippians 4:11-13 as your guide. As you write, try to focus on thanksgiving.

Instead of Verse Mapping today I'm going to share my prayer.


Click on the picture for a larger view.

Gratitude
1. Prayers of thanksgiving
2. Inspiration
3. Stamina

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.

Blessings,
Deborah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...