Monday, January 29, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Check In

Welcome and Good Morning!

How is everyone doing?
Are you staying on track or have you been derailed by anything?
Are you renewing your minds? (I'm finding this very helpful.)
How about those boundaries? Are they giving you any trouble?

Today was my second weigh in day with Weight Watchers and I have lost 5 pounds with them so far.
Add to that the 2 pounds I had lost before I started with them on the 15th and I have a total loss of 7 pounds for this month!
I am very proud of myself.
I owe a large portion of my success to Barb's Weight Loss Bible Study.
It has really given me a whole new mind set that has stayed with me.
I have also been exercising daily on my exercise bike, logging in four 10 minute sessions each day.
Both the diet and exercise are helping my blood sugar levels to come down and that is a BIG plus for me along with the weight loss.

Do you have a favorite Bible verse that has helped you?
Mine has been:
Hebrews 13:5
I will in no way leave you,
neither will I in any way
forsake you.

I now have two accountability partners, my sister-in-law and my niece, who I couldn't do this without. Having someone to talk to when you hit a bump in the road is invaluable. If you don't have one, I suggest strongly to get one.
I offer to be yours if you can't find anyone.

Here are a couple of links to Barb's blog.
Earlier in the month she talked about keeping a journal.
Here is the link on how to get started with one.
https://barbraveling.com/2014/03/09/how-to-truth-journal/

Here is one on how to set boundaries if you are having trouble in this area.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/04/18/boundaries/

I'm always here for you and only a comment away if you need help.



Gratitude
1. Accountability partners
2. Losing weight
3. Bible verses

Blessings,
Deborah


2 comments:

  1. I am doing well with losing weight. I have slipped a couple of times, haven't we all. I am very thankful for my aunt for being my accountability partner in this journey. So far I have lost a total of 11#. Barb Raveling's study has really helped me a lot. I have found that "Renewing of your mind" each day is a great start. The Bible verse that helps me to get through is Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart. This is reassuring to me and gives me hope that I can trust in him in all things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bravo Sara!! I am so proud of you! Leaning into the Lord is a giant first step in any success. Keep up the good work and thank you for being my accountability partner, too.

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...