Monday, January 15, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 16

Welcome to Day 16- How to Choose Weight Loss Boundaries (and lies that make us change them so often)

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday and my first day begins today. I did Weight Watchers for a short time, Jan. - Mar. 2017 and lost some weight that I put back on over the course of last year. I didn't stick with it, so I'm trying again. I like the tools they offer and I'm doing it on-line since there are no meetings close to me. I have a different mind set with Barb's study and feel stronger this year. My SIL and I are doing this together, so I also have an accountability partner. With this study I think I can make this time.
No.
I WILL make it this time!

Go ahead and the read the blog post for today.
Oh, the lies we tell ourselves....
https://barbraveling.com/2017/11/08/how-to-choose-weight-loss-boundaries/

"Taste for Truth" - I Might As Well Eat

Barb talks about failure eating and breaking our boundaries. Even one bite is failure eating and breaking our boundaries.
She tells us to reach for those Bible verses we've learned instead of that one bite.
Renew your mind
Read those Bible verses
Keep your boundaries
State your truth
BEFORE you take that one bite!!

Bible Study
1. Read Luke 4:1-13
It is wonderful that we have the Bible to see how Jesus was tempted and how he handled it. It wasn't easy for Him Barb tells us. Angels came to minister to Him when it was over!
She also tells us that we can and should pull out those Bible verses we've learned and use them today and everyday when we are tempted. Memorize one that really speaks to you and use it daily as your weapon against temptation. State that truth!


Gratitude
1. All of you for joining me in this journey
2. Bible verses to help us battle the temptations
3. A God who truly loves us and wants us to succeed 

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...