Friday, January 12, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 13

Welcome to Day 13 - Good Food Eating

I'm stuck. Already. The scale won't move.
Time to re-evaluate. I CAN do this. And I know the scale will go down if I just stick with this.

From Barb's Blog"
Good food = Yummy food Go read today's post.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/11/weight-loss-bible-study-day-13-good-food-eating/

I like her idea of rating bites of yummy food from 1 to 10.
First bite = 10
Last bite = ?
So when do you stop eating? 5, 4, 6? How about 9. Do we really need to go beyond that?
"The trick is to find just the right amount of food for maximum enjoyment with minimum consequences."
I think this is a great tool and I'm going to try it!

The "More is Better" Bible Study
1. What do we have to be careful of when we really love or want something (like food)?
1Corinthians 6:12 "I have the right to do anything," you say - but not everything is beneficial...."
Jeremiah 2:11-13
Philippians 3:18-20

Good Food Eating Questions
6. Are boundaries easy to follow or do you usually have to give up something to follow them?
    No, they are not for me. I had to give up sugar completely or would have failed in the "sweet" department. I usually can't stop at one cookie per day.

"Taste for Truth"
I wrote my opening paragraph today before I read today's chapter, "When the Scale Doesn't Move." It happened to me yesterday, too. Do you think God is at work here? *smiles*
Barb says, "What I want is a miracle. A nice, steep, diagonal line on a weight loss graph, always heading down in a nice, orderly fashion." (Me, too!) "What is up with the flat line - or even worse- those weeks when the scale goes up?"
   1. It's probably water weight. (I have a serious problem with this myself)
   2. The body is taking a little break before a big leap the following week. (I can only hope!)
Whenever we have unrealistic expectations about weight loss it can cause feeling of frustration and rebellion. We need to put on our amour of God (read those Bible verses) and be tough on ourselves.
WE CAN DO THIS!!
Keep up a good attitude.
Renew Your Mind.
Keep Your Boundaries
State Your Truth

According to the following Bible verses, how should you handle the trial of seeing a high number on the scale?
Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Romans 8:28
Galatians 6:9
Philippians 4:6
Philippians 4:11-13

"If the scale is starting to frustrate you, weigh in less often."
(I think I need to do this. I weigh in every day and it does get frustrating when the scale doesn't move or goes up.)


Gratitude
1. Counselors 
2. Doctors
3. Special "me" time

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...