Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 4

Welcome! Glad you're still with me.

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 4 Indulgent Eating

I love to eat.
I didn't get to the point of needing to diet, because I hate food. I like it "too" much! I am an emotional eater, not a stress eater. When I am really stressed I can't eat, but emotional times, oh yeah.
The biggest problem with me is that I am a very emotional person. There lies the rub. I take on other peoples stuff, too. I am very empathic. I also suffer from depression  occasionally. Another trigger for reaching for food. I believe my life is better with boundaries in all areas, but I seem to fail most often in the area of food.

Quote from Barb's book, "Taste for Truth:"
"I'm far happier when I live by design rather than by desire - even when I'm standing at the counter of the Dairy Queen ready to place my order."

I think we all are when we apply our boundaries and commitments.
One thing nice for me living in a small town in the mountains is there are no fast food places.
Heaven only knows what I would look like if there were.
No will power with those places. lol

Please go read Day 4 on Barb's blog:
https://barbraveling.com/?s=weight+loss+bible+study+Day+4

Let's look at question #4 under Bible Study.
If you were to eat "what you want, when you want," 100% of the time, would you be happy?
My first reaction was, "Sure I would!" But then, not really, because I'd be too fat to fit through the door and I'd probably be in the hospital for diabetic complications. I do keep some boundaries. I do stop, but not soon enough. My diabetic brains does stomp on the brakes, but most times not soon enough.

How did you feel about the Indulgence questions?
Barb makes you think, doesn't she?
I don't eat a lot at one sitting, but I eat too much throughout the day. Too many high calorie snacks and not enough healthy ones. I have stocked my fridge with veggies and sliced them up so they are ready to eat. I wanted to make them a quick grab when I am hungry so I wouldn't grab something else out of laziness or low blood sugar moments.

I chose to Verse Map Hebrews 12:11 from the "Taste of Truth," book today.

Verse Mapping

Hebrews 12:11
(NIV)
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained in it.

(KJV)
Now no chastening for the present seemth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterwards it yieldth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

(AMP)
For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems sad and painful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness [right standing with God and a lifestyle and attitude that seeks conformity to God's will and purpose].

righteousness - the quality of being morally right or justifiable.
                          ethical - virtuous - noble

chastening - subdue - humble - deflate - correct

discipline - control - training - direction - order

Commentaries

People's New Testament
It is never pleasant to endure the discipline, but it afterwards benefits by the holier life it insures. In sorrow we naturally cling closer to God.

Nelson's Bible Commentary
The peaceable fruit of righteousness suggests that the result of God's chastening is peace and righteousness. Renew your strength so you can endure the race of faith.


At the bottom of my verse mapping I wrote "believe you can."
If we believe we can lose weight, we are half way there!

Gratitude
1. Menu planning
2. Exercise
3. Being intentional

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you
and not harm you, 
plans to give you hope
and a future...
You will seek Me
and find Me
when you seek Me
with all your heart."

Blessings,
Deborah





2 comments:

  1. I love this series you are doing right now. Very informative. Good study. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think Barb is on to something here. :) Thanks for stopping by! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...