Thursday, January 11, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 12

Welcome to Day 12 - Hopeless Eating

From Barb's Blog:
"Have you ever thought, 'I'll never get over this, I'll be struggling with my weight 'til the day I die?'"
(me: raises hand.)
She tells us that it isn't hopeless if we fight the lies with truth.
Go read her blog post for today.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/10/weight-loss-bible-study-day-12-hopeless-eating/

Hopeless Eating Bible Study:
Read Luke 4:1-13
1. What did Jesus do every time Satan tempted him?
    He quoted scripture to him.
2. Why do you think He did that?
    For strength, to fight off the temptation and to remind Satan of God's rules.
3. What do the following verses say about Jesus and temptation?
  Hebrews 2:18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
  Hebrews 4:15  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weakness, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet he did not sin.

Hopeless Eating questions
1. How many years have you been struggling with your weight and eating issues?
    Most of my adult life.
2. How many years (or weeks) have you been diligent about applying truth to the lies that are feeding your habit?
   Not until this study began.

"Taste for Truth:"
In today's chapter, "When You're Not Good Enough," Barb tells the story of a daughter who's father is critical of her weight.
Bible Study:
1. Do you have anyone in your life right now who is critical of your weight?
   Yes.
(The rest of question 1 is too personal to answer here.)
2. If you're a child of God through faith, how does He see you and feel about you?
1Samuel 16:7
Isaiah 62:4-5
Jeremiah 31:3-4
Jeremiah 31:20
Zephaniah 3:17
Luke 12:6-7
Romans 3:23
Ephesians 2:8-9
Ephesians 2:10

(I love #5!)
5. Will God still love and accept you if don't lose weight?
Barb answers this for us. ("You better say yes to this one!")
Assignment
Insecurity Bible Verses on her blog:
Get comfy and spend 5 minutes praying the verses above and the Insecurity verses on her blog.
https://barbraveling.com/2012/09/21/insecurity-bible-verses/
As you pray, picture God doing the things He says He'll do in those verses.

Verse Mapping

Today I chose the verse from yesterday that touched my heart so deeply.
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have troubles.
But take heart!
I have overcome the world."



Click on the picture for a larger view.

Gratitude
1. A God who loves me no matter how I look
2. A God who understands temptations
3. You, my friend

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...