Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 11

Welcome to Day 11 - Losing Weight is Hard Eating

The scale is moving is the right direction again and I only have one pound to be back to my 5lb. loss.
I don't have patience for this. I'm one of those dieters that think I should wake tomorrow and be my goal weight. I want that magic Alice in Wonderland pill or drink! I want that magic Bible verse that will just melt off this fat overnight!
It didn't go on overnight, so why do I feel it should come off overnight? *sigh*
Oh, those lies!
Patience, Grasshopper.
I will NOT give up.

From "Taste for Truth," - Is skinny really necessary?
Barb talks about struggling in high school to make the dance team and as an adult, she has had to unlearn some bad habits and lies she felt through the growing up years.
1. "My worth is not determined by a number on the scale."
2. "Who I am on the inside is more important than who I am on the outside."
3. "I don't have to live up to the expectations of others."
(Amen to #3!)
"God cares more about your character than your appearance."

Bible Study
Do you feel like you have to be skinny? Why or why not?
Not skinny, but I need to lose weight to a be a healthier diabetic. My A1C numbers would be better and easier to control if I lost some weight.
Bible verses to help.
Psalm 27:15
Psalm 46:1-2,7
Romans 8:28
Phil 1:6
5. According to the following Bible verses, what would be a better option than worry?
Matthew 6:33-34
Philippians 4:6-7
Philippians 4:11-13

Let's go to Barb's blog for some "food for thought."
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/09/following-boundaries-is-hard-eating/

How do feel when you see those headlines she talks about?
For me, they only re-enforce my wanting of the magic pills, drinks and Bible verses.
We want it to be easy!
And when it is not, we want to give up!
BUT, we will NOT give up this time!
Renew your mind.
Keep your boundaries.
State your truth.

"Life Should be Easy" Bible Study.
1. Did God ever say life would be easy?
   No. Bible stories about people were rarely easy.
2. If not, what did it say?
   John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
(Now there is a verse we can hold on to and help us through this!)
I encourage you to answer all the questions under "Life Should be Easy" and "Losing Weight is Hard."

All of the studies so far have been inspiring, but I have to say that today's study was very powerful for me and has left me hopeful and encouraged. Thank you, Barb Raveling!


Gratitude
1. This weight loss Bible study
2. Accountability partners
3. God's word to keep me focused

Re-read John 16:33 above.
I'm going to make another Bible verse card with this one!

Blessings, 
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...